Under Water Wise Measures there are a number of activities that residential and business/commercial customers can apply for an exemption to do. These include:
- Pre-Wetting of site prior to construction of foundation - Engineers Report required (select pages only - see application form)
- Twist Nozzle for persons unable to use a trigger nozzle - Medical Certificate required
It is the householder's responsibility to ensure that all relevant fencing and other safety requirements are met prior to filling your pool. SA Water does not monitor compliance with planning, building or safety regulations that apply to pools and spas and accepts no responsibility in this regard. The issue of a permit only operates to authorise the filling of a pool with drinking water and does not relieve the permit holder from complying with applicable legislation such as planning, building and safety requirements. Please visit the Swimming Pool and Spa Association of South Australia website or contact your local council for swimming pool/spa safety and regualtions.
- Filling of a New Swimming Pool with SA Water drinking water - Evidence of an approved pool cover is required (a permit is not required for existing and second hand pools)
- Watering in of Fertiliser/Pesticide/Chemical
- Testing of Irrigation Systems
- Instant Turf Installation
- Irrigation Audits
- Synthetic Surfaces (Sporting Clubs)
- Caravan Parks - Grassed Sites
- High Pressure Cleaners
Refer to Irrigated Public Open Space for further information about the IPOS program.
For full terms and conditions refer to the permit application forms.
Once you have completed and submitted an application form, you will be notified in writing if your permit application has been successful or unsuccessful within 10 business days or 20 business days for Irrigated Public Open Space (IPOS) applications. If your application is succesful, you will receive a permit indicating water use for which approval has been granted together with any conditions of approval. For further information contact the Water Wise Hotline on 1800 130 952.
Any change to the current level of Water Wise Measures will mean you need to reapply for a new permit.