The Port Adelaide Wastewater Treatment Plant (WWTP) was decommissioned in 2004 and replaced with a new high salinity treatment plant at Bolivar as part of our program to improve the performance of our metropolitan treatment plants and achieve improved water quality discharges to Gulf St Vincent. A Relift Pump Station transfers the wastewater previously processed at this site to the Bolivar Wastewater Treatment Plant.
The redundant Port Adelaide infrastructure occupies about five hectares of the 20 hectare site at West Lakes. This site includes buildings, wastewater treatment infrastructure, lagoons and surrounding land.
We are currently in the process of undertaking ongoing environmental assessments to determine the condition of the land. Decisions about options for future land use will be based on the outcomes of these investigations.
For more information contact SA Water’s Customer Service Centre on 1800 650 950.