About the Warren Reservoir
The Warren Reservoir was constructed between 1914 and 1916 on the South Para River at a cost of $166,000.
The supervisor for the construction project was Mr Edgar Bradley, who at the same time was the resident engineer overseeing the construction of Millbrook Reservoir.
Due to the “remoteness” of the Warren location Mr Bradley, was given a new Model ‘T’ Ford for $444 and had to learn to drive so he could make the 30 kilometre journey to Warren from Millbrook in just one hour.
Before Mr Bradley received his Ford the trip by horse and buggy took two-and-a-half hours!
Capacity: 4790 megalitres
Length of wall: 116.4m
Height of wall: 17m
Type of wall: Concrete gravity
Area of water spread: 105 hectares
Water Wise Measures
Our water systems
Recreational fishing at Warren