SA Water accepts deliveries by tanker truck of liquid hauled waste, at many of our metro and regional wastewater treatment plants (WWTPs).
Liquid hauled waste is a class of liquid wastes arising from properties that are not connected to our network of sewers. Categories are
- Septic tank sludge
- Septic tank effluent/portable toilet contents
- Non-domestic wastewater
We only accept liquid hauled waste if;
- The type and quantity of contaminants in the material can be safely and effectively treated at our receiving WWTP.
- The reuse potential of treatment end products and regulatory compliance with our environmental license conditions are not compromised.
- A licensed hauler having a permit from us for this purpose makes the delivery.
- We have agreed (via a permit) to accept batches of non-domestic hauled waste from a business.
What to do with other liquid wastes
Liquid wastes not meeting our acceptance criteria can be consigned to a licensed liquid waste contractor for off-site treatment or disposal.
We cannot accept ad-hoc discharges of portable toilet contents from mobile homes etc at WWTPs. A number of designated dump points in regional towns and some caravan parks will accept this wastewater.
Hauled Waste Officer
Telephone: (08)7424 1336
Mobile: 0427 270 882
Fax: (08)7003 3366