What happens when a water main fails in metropolitan Adelaide?
- Step 1: Through our Operations Control Centre, we monitor the network 24/7, 365 days of the year.
- Step 2: When you report a burst, we take immediate action to ensure that we asses the situation as quickly as possible. We will always prioritise bursts that affect homes, businesses and traffic.
- Step 3: Our Adelaide based Customer Call Centre answers 85% of your calls within 30 seconds. On average, calls are answered within 18 seconds. Find out more about our perfomance.
- Step 4: Our Operations Dispatch Team then assesses the situation. All our teams communicate quickly and easily with each other so we can deliver a timely result.
- Step 5: Our Network Technicians assess the situation to ensure the right resources for the job and ensure water is shut off as quickly as possible. On average, we attend bursts within 31 minutes.
- Step 6: During the outage, we provide onsite support to all impacted customers. Ensuring your safety and a supply to fresh drinking water are our top priorities.
- Step 7: Repair crews arrive on site to fix the burst. On average, our crews are able to restore water supply within 3 hours and 28 minutes.
- Step 8: Once the pipe is repaired, water is restored to your property.
- Step 9: After a burst, our Community Support Team will continue to work with affected customers until the issue is fully resolved.
Our local Customer Service Centre is available 24 hours a day for you to report service disruptions and faults (including bursts, leaks or issues with your water meter). We publish major faults and scheduled works to our website and on our Twitter feed.
We understand water main leaks and bursts have an impact on the community, and appreciate when you take the time to report a fault. We often rely on the information you provide to help us prioritise attendance and repairs to these faults.
Our customers are at the heart of our business. We listen to our customers and the community and we are implementing better ways of working to respond to customer needs and expectations. Read more about our recent changes and improvements and our long-term plans (PDF, 846.97 KB).