The technical regulation of plumbing in South Australia is looked after by the South Australian Office of the Technical Regulator (OTR). The
OTR is responsible for:
- Certificate of compliance management.
- Internal drainage plans.
- The building plans' internal plumbing design.
- Plumbing standards.
- Plumbing product approval.
- Fire service inspections.
- Recycled water - first fix in ground, first fix in wall.
- Backflow prevention.
- Plumbing compliance – investigation of sub-standard performance, complaints and associated enforcement action.
- Plumbing and drainage inspections of private pipework.
To book a plumbing
inspection, call the OTR on 1300 884 055.
To obtain internal
drainage plans, call the OTR on 1300 760 311 or email