If you are technically-minded and enthusiastic about engineering, a technical cadetship if for you. You will work alongside our technical officers, developing skills and knowledge and helping provide engineering services.
As a technical cadet you’ll specialise in an engineering stream as you study for an approved Technical Officer qualification in:
- Civil engineering
- Electronics and communications engineering
Level and style of training
This is a minimum TAFE Diploma or Associate Degree level. Your formal training will vary depending on the best method of training delivery and where your cadetship is located.
What you will do
As a technical cadet (civil engineering) you will:
- Add to investigations into proposed water and wastewater schemes associated with land developments, mains extensions and replacements
- Support operations personnel with technical designs and information
- Develop solutions for water supply issues
- Support CADD
- Contribute to planning of capital works planning
As a technical cadet (electrical and communications engineering) you will:
- Design, fabricate and build special electronic hardware for wastewater applications
- Assist with the operation and maintenance of an electronic trade waste monitoring system
- Assist with remote monitoring of industrial discharges
- Assist with installation with field hydrometric instruments
How to apply
You can do an apprenticeship with us at any age. However, you must have completed Year 12 and hold a current driver's licence.
Keep an eye on our vacancies page to find out when applications open.