Benefits of working with us
Benefits of working with us
As one of Australia's leading water utilities, we are responsible for helping to develop the South Australian water industry. We also undertake work on behalf of the Murray-Darling Basin Commission.
Our teams proudly ensure the supply of safe, clean drinking water and trusted sanitation services to more than 1.7 million South Australians. Our water quality expertise is recognised around the world - it’s one reason why we are a leader in wastewater recycling.
Our people are the key to our success: we employ more than 1,500 capable, highly-skilled people from sought-after trades ranging from engineering to microbiology to the environment. It’s our experience and water sector knowledge that addresses the issues of today and innovates the direction of tomorrow. It’s our passion for customer service that continues to provide high quality services for the state.
Every role here has a real impact on our customers, community and the environment, and we are looking for the right people to take us further.
Our lives today rarely conform to the classic nine-to-five schedule. That’s why we offer flexible arrangements that combine working on site with working from home. We can also develop formal flexible arrangements to support your individual needs.
You can also access a range of paid leave entitlements:
- 17 weeks parental leave for primary care givers
- government Paid Parental Leave scheme
- employee volunteering leave
- two days of wellbeing leave per year
- emergency services leave
- cultural/ceremonial leave
- domestic and family violence leave
- blood donors leave
- transfer of leave from approved agencies
- study leave.
We actively support your physical and mental health through proactive and preventative approaches. As part of this approach, we offer two days of wellbeing leave to help balance your personal needs.
We also offer a suite of salary sacrifice options to bring flexibility to your finances:
- additional superannuation contributions
- novated lease of cars
- airline lounge memberships
- salary sacrifice super continuance
- fund selection superannuation.
When you’re supported in your role, encouraged to be yourself at work and can create a genuine work-life balance, you’ll achieve your best work.
That’s why we’ve taken deliberate steps to build a positive workplace culture where your mental health is as important as your physical health. We have systems in place that protect you from psychological harm and services to assist you when you need support.
Your ideas and input are also an important part of how we achieve and improve workplace wellbeing. Conversations are encouraged across the business, including our Field Good Fridays, where field teams are encouraged to wear their Trademutt shirts and talk openly about mental health.
Our wellbeing strategy protects you from harm, supports recovery and encourages you to thrive in the workplace.
You will have access to:
- six confidential support sessions for you and your family through our Employee Assistance Program provided by Converge International
- an annual flu vaccination program
- discounts on health insurance and gym memberships
- bike storage and shower/changeroom facilities
- certified wellbeing training courses, including Be Well Plan, Mental Health First Aid, and Suicide Prevention
- sponsorship support for engagement in community wellbeing events
- a peer support network made up of our people to provide skilled, caring and compassionate support.
Learning and development
We believe that the most effective learning, the type that sticks, is done on the job. Our people are always looking for ways to develop and grow within their work. Working with us, you’ll have the opportunity to learn through:
- Building experience in your current role
- Taking on new responsibilities
- Acting for others on leave, or as a secondment.
We encourage genuine conversations designed to bring out the best of all of us. Our on the job learning is driven by:
- Regular structured, constructive feedback
- Internal and external networking.
Some skills require training and formal education. We do this through a year-round training calendar and when greater formal qualifications are required for a role, formal education with TAFE SA, a university or another registered training organisation may be supported.
Our people are also supported to obtain a range of professional accreditations, including:
- Certified Public Accountant or Chartered Accountant
- Registered Project Manager
- Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply
- Chartered Practicing Engineer or Registered Practicing Engineer.
Confidence in your safety
We care about the safety of our people, our customers and the community. With the right procedures, training and equipment for the job, our people are provided with a safe environment in which to work, and a voice to raise any issues they may find. And our people know that in the unlikely event they are injured at work, we’ll support them every step of the way to successfully return.
Celebrating excellence and innovation
We value and celebrate innovation. Each year our Innovation and Excellence Awards program recognises people and teams for great ideas and excellent work. And we regularly bring in water industry leaders and innovators to inspire our staff with their insights and stories. Thinking of better ways to achieve great results for our customers is the challenge we all accept.
Our people have a range of opportunities to work on challenging and rewarding projects in energetic teams and supported by training and development. And the diversity and breadth of roles at SA Water means there are opportunities for you to move around within the business or even take on major career changes.
Opportunities at SA Water
Whether you are an experienced professional or a recent graduate, we offer a range of roles and a number of career entry programs.
Areas that we recruit for
- Business administration
- Communications and marketing
- Construction and maintenance technical
- Customer service
- Environmental management
- Human resources
- Information management
- Stakeholder engagement
- Technical cadetships
- Trade waste
- Trades and field work
- Water and wastewater operations and management
- We also offer water industry traineeships and work experience and vocational placement programs.
Water Supply On
- 18/06/2020 03:05 PM - We are attending to an incident in Arthurton with no interruption to the water supply. The safety of our crews and customers comes first, and we always aim to minimise inconvenience by restoring services as quickly as we can. Reference Number WO: 07505663.
- See all major faults
Temporary Supply Interruption
- Estimated start time and water supply off: 15/06/2021 09:00 AM
Estimated restore time and water supply back on: 15/06/2021 04:00 PM
We’re improving your services and undertaking maintenance work in Elizabeth East. Sometimes our crews need to temporarily interrupt the water supply to our customers and/or manage traffic while they are working. Temporary traffic management may remain in place until reinstatement of the impacted road is complete. We always aim to minimise inconvenience by restoring services as safely and quickly as we can.
- See all scheduled works