We currently operate more than $6 billion worth of South Australian water services infrastructure consisting of water and wastewater assets, and including pipelines, pumping stations, treatment plants, reservoirs and tanks.
Our requirements apply to both new, and modifications to existing, infrastructure. This information is relevant for consultant engineers and construction contractors engaged in the design, construction and maintenance of our reticulation assets. Authorised products are the only ones to be used within our network.
The requirements are based upon the Water Services Association of Australia (WSAA) Codes. WSAA acknowledges there are instances where water utilities may have specific requirements and allows them to deviate from its code. Where we do vary from the WSAA Code, details of the alternative requirement are provided in SA Water’s Supplement (to the WSAA code).
Detailed requirements for relevant systems
Our documentation is detailed for water and sewer applications and includes:
- The relevant WSAA Codes are available from the WSAA website,
- The SA Water Supplements to the WSAA Code,
- SA Water Construction Drawings,
- Engineering Standards (Technical Standards and Guidelines),
- Authorised Products for use with each system.
Water Supply On
- 18/06/2020 03:05 PM - We are attending to an incident in Arthurton with no interruption to the water supply. The safety of our crews and customers comes first, and we always aim to minimise inconvenience by restoring services as quickly as we can. Reference Number WO: 07505663.
- See all major faults
Port Augusta West
Temporary Supply Interruption
- Estimated start time and water supply off: 13/08/2020 10:00 AM
Estimated restore time and water supply back on: 13/08/2020 03:00 PM
We’re improving your services and undertaking maintenance work in Port Augusta West. Sometimes our crews need to temporarily interrupt the water supply to our customers and/or manage traffic while they are working. Temporary traffic management may remain in place until reinstatement of the impacted road is complete. We always aim to minimise inconvenience by restoring services as safely and quickly as we can.
- See all scheduled works