We currently operate more than $6 billion worth of South Australian water services infrastructure consisting of water and wastewater assets, and including pipelines, pumping stations, treatment plants, reservoirs and tanks.
Our requirements apply to both new, and modifications to existing, infrastructure. This information is relevant for consultant engineers and construction contractors engaged in the design, construction, and maintenance of our reticulation assets. Authorised products are the only ones to be used within our network.
The requirements are based upon the Water Services Association of Australia (WSAA) Codes. WSAA acknowledges there are instances where water utilities may have specific requirements and allows them to deviate from its code. Where we do vary from the WSAA Code, details of the alternative requirement are provided in SA Water’s Supplement (to the WSAA code).
Detailed requirements for relevant systems
- Water Supply Systems (up to DN 375)
- Gravity Sewerage Systems and Sewage Pumping Stations (up to DN 300)
- Pressure Sewer Systems
- Vacuum Sewer Systems
Our documentation is detailed for water and sewer applications and includes:
- The relevant WSAA Codes are available from the WSAA website,
- The SA Water Supplements to the WSAA Code,
- SA Water Construction Drawings,
- Engineering Standards (Technical Standards and Guidelines),
- Authorised Products for use with each system.
Working near our network infrastructure
The requirements concerning works undertaken near SA Water infrastructure are contained in SA Water Technical Standard TS 0136 – Pipework Access and Protection.
This technical standard provides clearances and other requirements for the following activities, when undertaken near our infrastructure:
- Building structures and footings,
- Utilities and roadworks,
- Ground disturbing construction works including earthworks, dewatering, compaction, open excavation and trenchless excavation,
- Planting trees and shrubs.
- Any other activity that could affect our infrastructure.
Where it is not technically feasible to comply with the requirements of this standard, SA Water assets may be able to be relocated. Please note that our preferred option is for asset owners to redesign their proposed works to comply with the requirements of this Standard or to minimise the quantity and extent of alterations to our infrastructure.
Altering our network infrastructure
Organisations can apply for alterations to be made to our network infrastructure in certain conditions. Please direct all enquiries and requests for third party alterations to email@example.com. We recommend you notify us of alterations at the earliest possible opportunity.
Requests for alterations must include the following information:
- Contact name (including organisation, phone number and email)
- Scope of works including clear identification of each clash with SA Water infrastructure and alterations required, for example, levels of top and underside of stormwater pipe and top of pipe for affected SA Water infrastructure
- Drawings should be submitted in PDF and as a DWG file where possible. Please bind CAD/DWG files to enable full view and functionality
- Proposed delivery dates for works.
Water Supply On
- 18/06/2020 03:05 PM - We are attending to an incident in Arthurton with no interruption to the water supply. The safety of our crews and customers comes first, and we always aim to minimise inconvenience by restoring services as quickly as we can. Reference Number WO: 07505663.
- See all major faults
Temporary Supply Interruption
- Estimated start time and water supply off: 15/06/2021 09:00 AM
Estimated restore time and water supply back on: 15/06/2021 04:00 PM
We’re improving your services and undertaking maintenance work in Elizabeth East. Sometimes our crews need to temporarily interrupt the water supply to our customers and/or manage traffic while they are working. Temporary traffic management may remain in place until reinstatement of the impacted road is complete. We always aim to minimise inconvenience by restoring services as safely and quickly as we can.
- See all scheduled works