Connect to a new service
Connect to a new service
If you are moving into a property that has existing water and sewerage you’re already connected to the network, so you won’t need to apply for a connection.
Your conveyancer will advise us of the change of ownership, and you can begin using these services. We will commence billing you from the date of purchase of the property.
If you are building a house in a new development, check that your builder has applied for a new water and sewerage connection. If it’s not part of the contract you will need to apply for a new connection.
Step 1: Assessing the type of connection you need.
Your application will be assessed for the types of connection you need. We will process your completed application within 20 business days.
If our network needs to be extended or upgraded to connect you, we will tell you that connection is not possible at this time. We can provide you an indication of costs to upgrade or extend the connection if you wish. Please note this investigation will be at your cost. We will agree investigation costs with you before proceeding.
If difficult construction conditions exist, it becomes a 'non-standard' connection. When this happens, you must pay all extra construction costs.
There are many difficult construction conditions, but the main ones include:
- existing services in the construction path
- underground water
- geographical location
- requirements for traffic management
Step 2: Offer to connect
We will send you an offer to connect after your application has been assessed. It will include:
- type of service available
- required fees and charges for your type of connection
- construction program associated with the design and construction of your connection
- any approvals you’re required to obtain, and any pre-conditions for us to do the work
- any post construction requirements
Step 3: Making payment
You will receive an invoice with your offer to connect. This will outline the fees and charges payable and how to pay. The invoice will be valid for 60 days and full payment is needed before we start construction.
Step 4: Construction and connection
After you have paid your invoice, we aim to construct and activate your service according to these timeframes:
- standard water connection within 25 business days
- non-standard water connection within 35 business days
- standard sewerage connection within 30 business days
- non-standard sewerage connection within 50 business days
Connections fact sheets
- Connections - timeframes factsheet
- Backflow Prevention Requirements
- Water and Wastewater Mains Extension
- Water Metered Connection – Drinking Water
- Water Metered Connection – Recycled Water
- Water Metered Connection – Remote Supply
- Water Meter Installation
- Water Meter Relocation
Water Supply On
- 18/06/2020 03:05 PM - We are attending to an incident in Arthurton with no interruption to the water supply. The safety of our crews and customers comes first, and we always aim to minimise inconvenience by restoring services as quickly as we can. Reference Number WO: 07505663.
- See all major faults
Temporary Supply Interruption
- Estimated start time and water supply off: 01/11/2020 09:00 AM
Estimated restore time and water supply back on: 01/11/2020 06:00 PM
We’re improving your services and undertaking maintenance work in Green Fields. Sometimes our crews need to temporarily interrupt the water supply to our customers and/or manage traffic while they are working. Temporary traffic management may remain in place until reinstatement of the impacted road is complete. We always aim to minimise inconvenience by restoring services as safely and quickly as we can.
- See all scheduled works