Augmentation occurs when mains are upgraded to service whole areas of land development (not a single development).
An augmentation area is the area where our network capacity has been extended, and generally occurs in country townships, while some are in fringe metropolitan suburbs. Generally, augmentation is done to support future needs of an area, should it be developed in future.
- duplication of a water main
- creation of additional water storage
- construction of a sewage pumping station
- construction of larger diameter sewers.
These services can be staged or delayed. They will then be done once the existing infrastructure is unable to serve the level of development that has taken place.
Augmentation charges are in addition to the other fees and charges and are payable on top of costs normally associated with land development. They are outlined in the augmentation charges framework.
There are several factors that impact on the augmentation charge. These include:
- the cost of completing the work
- the size of the area
- the number of potential allotments that can be served
Augmentation charges are applied to determine an appropriate developer charge for augmentation of our water and wastewater network in areas where it is likely that multiple customers will benefit.
Mains extensions or local system augmentation for an individual development will be recovered from the individual development in accordance with our developer charges.
When an individual development forms part of a larger area where further development will occur, rather than only consider what upgrade work is required for the individual development, an augmentation charge can be established to fund the infrastructure required to serve the total area to be developed.
An augmentation charge may also be applied where there are a number of existing properties not currently connected to our services.
Water Supply On
- 18/06/2020 03:05 PM - We are attending to an incident in Arthurton with no interruption to the water supply. The safety of our crews and customers comes first, and we always aim to minimise inconvenience by restoring services as quickly as we can. Reference Number WO: 07505663.
- See all major faults
Temporary Supply Interruption
- Estimated start time and water supply off: 15/06/2021 09:00 AM
Estimated restore time and water supply back on: 15/06/2021 04:00 PM
We’re improving your services and undertaking maintenance work in Elizabeth East. Sometimes our crews need to temporarily interrupt the water supply to our customers and/or manage traffic while they are working. Temporary traffic management may remain in place until reinstatement of the impacted road is complete. We always aim to minimise inconvenience by restoring services as safely and quickly as we can.
- See all scheduled works