Freedom of Information

Freedom of Information

SA Water's functions and decisions directly affect the public. The Freedom of Information Act 1991 makes it possible for you to access information that we hold. It promotes transparency, and helps you to participate in our decision-making.

We also publish a lot of information on our website, from annual reports to reservoir data. More information about SA Water and the information we hold is available in our Freedom of Information Statement PDF, 102.41 KB.

What documents does SA Water hold?

SA Water holds the following types of documents: (Please note that under the Freedom of Information Act 1991, some of these documents may not be available to you)

  • Accounting and financial records
  • Asset management and planning records
  • Corporate and strategic planning records
  • Corporate files including memoranda and minutes on SA Water's operations
  • Internal policies, procedures
  • Work Health and Safety (WHS) records
  • Personnel records.

Policy documents available to the public

The following public policies can be found on our policy page. To see our other policies, please contact us.

How do I apply for access?

The type of form you need depends on what you want to access. You can submit your application in person, by post or by email.

Application Forms

How do I lodge my application?

You can lodge your application by email, post, or in person.

  • By
  • By post: The Freedom of Information Officer, SA Water, GPO 1751, Adelaide SA 5001.
  • In person: Ground floor, SA Water House, 250 Victoria Square/Tarntanyangga, Adelaide.

How much does it cost?

The fees outlined below are pursuant to Freedom of Information (Fees and Charges) Variation and Freedom of Information Act 1991 - Applicable to Section 13(c), 29(2)(b) and 19(1)(b) and (c).



Application Fee: Access a document


Application Fee: Internal Review


For our work accessing documents about you.

*NOTE: Only the first two hours is free. After that, every 15 minutes will cost you $12.50


For our work accessing documents that are not about you.


Photocopies (per page)


Transcripts (each)


For all other formats, you will need to pay the cost of reproduction. This includes photos, x-rays, videos, and CD's.


How do I pay the fees?

Payments can be made by cheque or money order. If you can't do this, please contact us.

When do I need to contact SA Water?

You need to contact us if you:

  • believe our information about a person is incomplete, incorrect, out of date or misleading
  • need to discuss a previous application
  • are following up an application you recently lodged
  • need help to clarify the information you are after
  • need a document in a different format (i.e. CD/USB)
  • can't pay by money order or cheque.

Click here to contact us.

  • Major faults

  • Reported

  • Hambidge Tce
  • Whyalla
  • 23/06/2017
  • Water Off
  • Last Updated: 23/06/2017 11:53 AM - We are on-site responding to an incident in Whyalla. Water may not be available in the surrounding area until 23/06/2017 05:40 PM. Traffic restrictions may also apply. Reference Number WO: 05878300.

  • See all major faults

  • Scheduled works

  • Underway
  • Womma Rd
  • Elizabeth North
  • 23/06/2017
  • Supply Interruption
  • Estimated start time (water off): 26/06/2017 09:00 AM
    Estimated restore time (water back on): 26/06/2017 04:00 PM

    We’re committed to improving your services and are undertaking maintenance work in Elizabeth North. Water supply in the surrounding area may be impacted during the above times. Traffic restrictions may also apply.

  • See all scheduled works