Understanding my bill
Understanding my bill
We’ve redesigned your water bill to make it easier to find all the information you need, while reducing it from four pages to just two.
Your SA Water Bill has a lot of information on it. It is important you understand what it all means. For information about the cost of our services, please visit our Water and Sewerage Prices page.
How to read your SA Water bill
Some of the information on the front of your bill relates to information on the reverse.
1. Our contact details
2. The amount you owe and when to pay it by
3. Your water use statistics
4. Your supply and service address
5. Your account summary
6. Detailed fees and charges
7. Your total fees and charges
8. Information for account holders
9. Your account number
10. Your payment details
Average daily water use per person
Service Rent is an SA Water fee charged each financial year to recover costs associated with:
- reading the additional water meter
- maintaining records of the additional reading and water use details
- maintaining and replacing the additional water meter and service
A Service Rent charge is applicable where a property has an additional water meter fixed to the property above what is allowed. If your property is in a metropolitain area or a country township,
one meter is allowed. If your property is in a country lands district, one water meter is allowed for every 250 hectares of contiguous rateable land in the same ownership.
This charge is not applicable to accounts where the additional meter supplies another account (Common Supply). Service Rent however does apply to common supply accounts where there are
more meters recorded against a common supply account than the number of properties in the group. Ie 3 meters supplying only 2 properties.
The Service Rent charge is normally charged in either the 3rd or 4th billing quarter and is calculated based on how many months in a financial year that your property had more meters installed than allowed. If you install or disconnect a meter within the financial year, a charge may apply for that particular month depending when the installation or disconnection occurs.
It is not applicable to recycled water meters, except for properties which are included as part of the GARWS scheme (Glenelg Adelaide Recycled Water Scheme).
If there are one or more drinking water meters and one or more recycled water meters recorded on the same account, a service rent charge is only applicable to each additional drinking water meter.
Water Supply On
- 18/06/2020 03:05 PM - We are attending to an incident in Arthurton with no interruption to the water supply. The safety of our crews and customers comes first, and we always aim to minimise inconvenience by restoring services as quickly as we can. Reference Number WO: 07505663.
- See all major faults
Temporary Supply Interruption
- Estimated start time and water supply off: 15/06/2021 09:00 AM
Estimated restore time and water supply back on: 15/06/2021 04:00 PM
We’re improving your services and undertaking maintenance work in Elizabeth East. Sometimes our crews need to temporarily interrupt the water supply to our customers and/or manage traffic while they are working. Temporary traffic management may remain in place until reinstatement of the impacted road is complete. We always aim to minimise inconvenience by restoring services as safely and quickly as we can.
- See all scheduled works