There are no Technical
Cadetship vacancies available. Future vacancies will be listed on our current vacancies page.
A technical cadetship is for technically minded people who are:
- Enthusiastic about engineering
- Looking for a career path
As a cadet, you will study for an approved Technical Officer qualification. It will be in one of the following areas:
- Civil engineering
- Electronics and communications engineering
What level is the training?
This is a minimum TAFE Diploma or Associate Degree level. The structure of formal training is varied depending on where the cadetship is located and what method of training delivery best suits both the cadet and SA Water.
What type of work will I do?
As a Technical Cadet (Civil Engineering) you will:
- Add to investigations into proposed water and wastewater
schemes. These will be associated with land developments, mains extensions and
- Support operations personnel with technical designs and
- Help to solve water supply matters.
- Support CADD.
- Contribute to capital works planning.
As a Technical Cadet (Electrical and Communications
Engineering) you will:
- Design, fabricate and build special electronic hardware
for wastewater applications.
- Assist with the operation and maintenance of an electronic
trade waste monitoring system.
- Assist with remote monitoring of industrial discharges.
- Assist with installation with field hydrometric
Who can apply?
You can do an apprenticeship with us at any age. However, you must have:
- completed Year 12.
- a current driver's licence.
How to apply
Keep an eye on our vacancies page to find out when applications open, or bookmark this page.