There are no Technical Cadetship vacancies available. Future vacancies will be listed on our current vacancies page.
A technical cadetship is for technically minded people who are:
- Enthusiastic about engineering
- Looking for a career path
As a cadet, you will study for an approved Technical Officer qualification. It will be in one of the following areas:
- Civil engineering
- Electronics and communications engineering
What level is the training?
This is a minimum TAFE Diploma or Associate Degree level. The structure of formal training is varied depending on where the cadetship is located and what method of training delivery best suits both the cadet and SA Water.
What type of work will I do?
As a Technical Cadet (Civil Engineering) you will:
- Add to investigations into proposed water and wastewater schemes. These will be associated with land developments, mains extensions and replacements.
- Support operations personnel with technical designs and information.
- Help to solve water supply matters.
- Support CADD.
- Contribute to capital works planning.
As a Technical Cadet (Electrical and Communications Engineering) you will:
- Design, fabricate and build special electronic hardware for wastewater applications.
- Assist with the operation and maintenance of an electronic trade waste monitoring system.
- Assist with remote monitoring of industrial discharges.
- Assist with installation with field hydrometric instruments.
Who can apply?
You can do an apprenticeship with us at any age. However, you must have:
- completed Year 12.
- a current driver's licence.
How to apply
Keep an eye on our vacancies page to find out when applications open, or bookmark this page.
Water Supply On
- 10/07/2020 07:57 PM - We are attending to an incident in Evanston Park with no interruption to the water supply. The safety of our crews and customers comes first, and we always aim to minimise inconvenience by restoring services as quickly as we can. Reference Number WO: 07552485.
- See all major faults
Temporary Supply Interruption
- Estimated start time and water supply off: 14/07/2020 09:00 AM
Estimated restore time and water supply back on: 14/07/2020 06:00 PM
We’re improving your services and undertaking maintenance work in Toorak Gardens. Sometimes our crews need to temporarily interrupt the water supply to our customers and/or manage traffic while they are working. Temporary traffic management may remain in place until reinstatement of the impacted road is complete. We always aim to minimise inconvenience by restoring services as safely and quickly as we can.
- See all scheduled works